Friday, February 8, 2008

Funnn

So my birthday was a pretty great day. It started out at Midnight with Chris and Lauren giving me the rest of my presents. Chris bought me the DVD Hairspray because he remembered a long time ago I said that I really wanted to see it. I was very surprised that he remembered that and it was incredibly thoughtful. Lauren gave me a gift card to Hop Cat downtown since that is one of our new fav. places to go! She also decided to bake some awesome cupcakes for us and then we all watched Catch and Release with Jennifer Garner. It was a pretty cute movie. We ended up sleeping in from staying up so late. Chris had planned on taking me out to lunch, I knew we were going out but not where, I wanted it to be a surprise. We ended up going to the Tokyo Grill for sushi which was AMAZING as always! After that we went and saw Juno which was really cute. There were a lot of parts where Chris and I just sat there and laughed. I thought sometimes their vocab was a bit overdone and almost too witty but it was still cute. I was also very happy with how it ended. When the movie was over we drove straight to Muskegon and picked Niles up from Chris's Aunt Barb's house. We hadn't seen him in four days! It was nice to have a break but I definately missed him a lot!!! He is so sweet and cuddly besides his mischievous ways. =) We met up with Chris's parents and went to a restaurant in Spring Lake that we hadn't been to before called Arboreal Inn. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing and the food was terrific. Chris's parents were so giving as they always are and one the my presents from them was......a Passport!!!!! All I have to do is fill out the paperwork. Such a huge blessing! Hopefully we will be able to go and see Niagra Falls this summer. I have never been there and I know that it is probably so beautiful from what I have seen on TV. I know Chris definately wants me to get one of these as well since he wants to travel to Europe sometime within the next couple of years.
All in all my birthday was a great day, that went quick as always. It is crazy to me that I am already 23 years old! I know that this is going to be a really great year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great Birthday. Paul and I spent our honeymoon in Niagra Falls and I can not wait to go back!!! It was great especially at night when they light up the falls. Cadie Rae

Sean said...

I know what you mean about having birthdays in the cold, depressing times of the year. Sounds like you enjoyed it though.
Sean and I love sushi too! I never had it until I moved out East, and now I am addicted.
Keep posting, I love reading. =)