Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fun weekend and my first race!

This past weekend was a lot of fun. It actually started out on Friday evening (cause the weekend ALWAYS starts when you get out of work on Friday!!) when my coworkers and friends, Jessica, Dave and I all went to the Galley restaurant for dinner. They were holding an all you could eat spaghetti dinner for donations towards the Wiersma Family. We were also able to pick up our race packets that night.


Rachelle, me, Jessica and Dave

Saturday morning came and went in a hurry. I had looked forward to this morning but had been somewhat nervous all week long. For being my first 5K I thought I did pretty well. I came in 4th for the women (it was a small race, so not that big of a deal) and I ran it in 26.53 minutes. I was pretty happy with my accomplishment. My goal was to run it in under 30 minutes. We all had a lot of fun, but most importantly a lot of money was raised for this family. It was an honor to be able to participate in this event for them!


Us before the race started.


Us at the finish line, all nice and sweaty, haha.

A couple hours later the family came and the afternoon was spent doing some work for our side business, going to some bike shops, and walking the dogs in East GR. For dinner we went to Peppino's for pizza and then went to the GVSU vs. SVSU game. It was a lot of fun! I could not believe how many Grand Valley students were there, it was packed. I wasn't really rooting for either team to win since I feel impartial to both of them. SVSU is back where I am from, but I never went to school there. And GVSU is the University in the city where I live. I like them both. Unfortunately SVSU didn't just lose, they got beat bad. It was such a fun game though!





Sunday just consisted of getting things done around the house and ready for the week to come. The highlight of my day was probably getting new tires and an alignment done on our car. It has been over two years and the tires were bald in some spots. And it is SO nice to drive it now, especially since it isn't shaking and pulling one way or another, haha. And let's face it, I live in Michigan people. Sometimes the snow here gets a little crazy and trying to get out of our driveway in a little low to the ground Corolla can be quite a task. So yes, me=happy about the new tires. Just in time for Winter to come!

This week is going good for far. I cannot believe we are half way through September already. One month from yesterday Chris and I will be in Paris!!! We are so excited, it is going to be awesome! Also, I will be adding some new running events to my list on my sidebar soon. It is going to be a busy Fall season, and I am super excited about it. So far I have ran 36 miles in 24 days. I think I am doing pretty good so far!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Thanks for letting me steal your pics. :)