Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Crystal Manor

My new job is going well. I really like the people that I work with, and don't dread going there everyday. Some of the residents are really fun people, they definately say some hilarious things sometimes. It's nice to hear their stories too, what they have been through, what they did for a living, and they really love to talk about their children and family. But it's not all fun and games. I wish we could just hang out with them all night long and build relationships, play games, etc. But I have spent the past week feeding people, bathing them, changing them, cleaning up after them, helping get dressed or undressed, helping them in and out of bed. Frankly, it's quite exhausting. Good thing, I work 2nd shift. I have the whole morning to build up my strength, and when I get home I can go straight to bed. I just hate not seeing Chris very much.
Anyways, I know that this is where God wants me to be right now, and I really feel at peace about the whole thing. And I like the fact that now I feel like I am serving people which working at the same time.
I am looking forward to this weekend off! I am hoping that Trish has her baby, that way I can go down to Ohio asap. I do not want to miss this big event, I am SOOOO excited!! This little boy is going to be sooooooo adorable, I cannot wait to meet him!
If she doesn't have him, then I guess I just get to hang out and spend the weekend with my boy. Which wouldn't be so bad afterall. =)

3 comments:

Ang said...

hi anne...a blog, finally! :)

Just finished catching up...and now I'm hungry. I've still never been to san chez, but now I feel the need even more :)

I love reading your thoughts...and seeing how happy you and chris are. you newlyweds are so cute.
(actually I hated when people said that to Ryan and I...as if the fun doesn't last and it all goes downhill--it's not true. ir really gets better & even more fun)

hope your new job turns out to be a good fit.

Anne said...

Hey Angela-thank you for commenting!! You guys should definately get to San Chez sometime, you also get so much food for a decent price!! Me and Chris are definately happy, things are going great! And my job is going great! Nice to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.