Friday, September 28, 2007

Where did the last couple days go?

The weeks are flying by I swear! I can't believe it is almost October! One of mine and Chris's favorite monthes. So yeah, it makes me happy. Christmas is almost here, right around the corner. Good stuff.

Yesterday I had the day off. I had to go to meeting at work at 10 am. Nothing annoys me more that being forced to drive all the way over there on my day off, I guess it's different if I go on my own terms, which I actually do quite frequently, to visit residents, bring Niles along to see them (they love that!) or see my coworkers, whatever. But anyways, we have these mandatory meetings, but atleast we get paid for them. It's always the same old crap we are talking about though, I with they became more useful. We were informed that if people keep abusing their 15 min. breaks that we get paid for that they are going to get taken away. It's same couple of people that keep doing it, and they are ruining it for everyone else. I don't even get to take my 15 min. breaks, most of the time I am too busy. Plus I don't smoke, so people don't expect me to push it, which personally isn't fair. But I don't complain. If we have a good night and everything goes smoothly, most of the time I get everything done somewhat early, which means we hang out in the living room and work on the infamous puzzles. So yeah, I don't complain. But these meetings are still an annoying hindrance on my day off.
After that my friend Stephanie came over and did my hair, I love it!!! I always feel bad asking her to do it, because, to be completely honest, I'm somewhat of a brat about it. I just know exactly how I want it colored, and cut, and sometimes it is hard to express that to someone else, that is why a lot of times I end up coloring it myself. Especially when the whole time I know exactly what she is doing. I know I just need to have more trust in her, especially since she always does an amazing job. I will post some pictures soon. Chris is so happy, he loves it when my hair is brown, and he keeps telling me how much he loves it. =)
Steph brought her little puppy Pudge over. He is a little cutie, he is half maltese/ half shitzu, black and white, and only weighs 6 lbs. We thought him and Niles could have a litte puppy playdate. But nope, Pudge was SO afraid of him, I was kinda surprised!!! I mean, I know he is hyper and all, but Pudge wouldn't even let him sniff him, I felt so bad because she was here for like almost 6 hours and pretty much the whole time I had to keep Niles in his crate. Anyways, we didn't finish my hair until like almost 6 pm. I had such a huge mess to clean up, we seriously cut off like 7 inches of my hair probably? It was getting so long and blah, I need a change! After that I did some grocery shopping, it's amazing how much stuff I bought and spent and I still feel like we don't have any real food, I hate that.
I went to Erica's last night and hung out with her and our friend Andrea (these girls are in my house church), it was so fun!! I miss having close girlfriends that I can talk to about anything. I love hanging out with you Erica and I'm so happy I met you guys! We told some funny stories about talking and walking in your sleep, and also discussed some funny things that have happened with elderly people at our jobs (she used to work in a nursing home too). Good stuff. Anyways, I promise to be posting my list soon of and huge number of random facts about me. I could work on it right now, but, it's already have noon. And I need to get ready and I want to bake some cookies! Not to mention that I need to eat some food. Watch for my list, coming soon!

I can't wait for tomorrow. Chris and I are doing the Aids Walk downtown, and then going shopping at Macy's. When we were in Chicago we were walking to the Navy Pier. I was looking around at the ground, probably thinking about how much litter was everywhere and how people need to recycle more, and low and behold, there was this macys card on the ground, with a receipt in it that told the remaining balance. My Dad was like, you know you have to try to return it to who it belongs to, I was like yeah I know!! So when we got home I called customer service, and they said that there was no way to track who it belonged to unless you had the orginal receipt of who purchased it and it had a credit card number on it, so they told me that I got to keep it!!! There was $222.00 on it!!!!!!! I feel so lucky. I was like, Thank you God! This is such a blessing! I mean, why me?? Why did I find the giftcard? There we so many people walking around, anyone could have saw it, but I did?! So yeah, tomorrow me and Chris are going to go shopping. It is going to be our little date day, I am excited to spend some time together!

No comments: