Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Update.

I really need to blog more often, because the more I put it off, the more there is to write about, and then I put it off even longer because I know that it will take me a while to write.

Things around here have been really great lately. I am happy, or I am trying to be, but I will get to why I am not exactly in a little bit.

This weekend was awesome. Saturday morning we got up and went to do the Aids Walk downtown. We noticed that other people had their dogs so Chris went back and got Niles, he was so good throughout the whole walk, and it was 3 miles, I was almost surprised he made it the whole way without plopping down. The weather was great and everyone seemed to be in a great mood, it made me feel good that we were doing it for a good cause. Everyone who walked also entered a raffle and at the end they drew my ticket and I won a gift basket with some hair products and a free shampoo/cut/and style from a little salon downtown, how ironic huh. We were hoping for the Grand Prize of a free nights stay at the Amway Grand. We want to do that so bad but for some reason just can't bring ourselves to waste the money on it. Eventually we will I guess. Pic from before the Aids Walk:

After that we came back home, made some lunch and just hung around and relaxed. I finally got to bust open my puzzle, which hasn't been going too well so far. We got the border together and a couple other pieces here and there....1000 pieces is just so much harder than the 500 piece puzzles! Plus I have been so busy, I am having a hard time just sitting down to work on a puzzle when there is like a billion other things going around in my head that I need to be doing.
I even got to take like an hour and half nap that afternoon. After that we finally got around and got ready, then went to Macy's to spend the giftcard that I found. I bought a shirt, and two sweaters, all on sale of course, and also a Mac Eyeshadow. Chris bought an outfit, that he looks really cute in by the way. We ate at Panera (they have some awesome French Onion soup, if you haven't had it, I definately recommend trying it sometime.) And then got some Spiced Chai at Beaners, it was fun just spending the whole day and night together, we had such a good time.

Sunday morning we went to church, went grocery shopping and then came home and got some stuff done. His parents went to Ohio this weekend and on the way back home they stopped by and we went out to eat at Kobe. Sushi!! That is all I'm saying. =) Anyways, they went to Ohio because they rescued a little Brussels Griffon dog named Faith (they are gonna rename her Bindi), she is really a cute little thing!

After a late lunch we went to our friend's Joe and Erica's house for House Churh. It was so good, it totally made me realize something about myself. When I find myself getting really mad or frustrated at someone, or a situation, it's because they aren't doing what I want, or things aren't going how I want them to. And the whole time I am thinking about it in my head and getting myself all riled up, it's so ridiculous! I am really trying to work on that. I am also trying to work on the things I say to other people, and what is coming out of my mouth constantly. Sometimes I really have a hard time keeping it shut when I know that I should more often, and I hate that.
After we came home I made 7 dozen cookies! I have been wanting to make them for a couple days now, and finally I just couldn't take it anymore. It only took me two hours. I LOVE my kitchen aid mixer, my nice cookie sheets I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond with a giftcard from our wedding most likely, and our new stove we bought when we moved into our house. All I gotta say is they were like the best cookies I have ever made!

Our little Niles lost his first baby tooth yesterday. He is getting so big! I was wondering why he has kinda been trying to chew on things more lately. I was walking into the living room and stepped on it and it kinda crunched and I was like what in the world, so I bent down and picked it up and sure enough...a little tiny tooth. I was like, oh my gosh!!! Today when he was chewing on his rawhide there was a little blood on it, it was kinda gross, but I guess if he is teething it doesn't surprise me. I feel bad for him because he has a cold right now and has been sick for like 10 days. I know how he feels, haha. But yeah he is all snotty and keeps coughing, it's gross for sure. He's on medication but doesn't seem to be getting all that much better. I hope he gets better soon because it's hard to play with him and stuff, you just kinda want to stay away because he is always sniffing you so he rubs his nose on ya...yeah it's gross. But he is seriously getting so big, I am sure that he weighs 30 lbs. now and I swear he is still getting cuter.



I also got my hair done this week. I was so sick of it being long, I needed a change. And I was ready to go back to brunette again. It's crazy how you can go from this:


To this in only a few short hours:

This week is going by fast already. I am looking forward to friday so I can have a day off, but I know already that it will be filled with things for me to be busy all day with. Right now we are supposed to be going to Muskegon, Chris actually has the day off too, which I am really excited about because that doesn't happen too often, but I may be going home to see my sister and spend some time with her. Which comes down to why I have been sad for the past two days. I got a call from my mom yesterday, she was so upset.....when my sister had gone for her ultrasound, they couldn't find either twins heartbeats. It is so upsetting....you just, don't even know what to say or do. Or how to feel. It's just a sickening feeling. All I could think was...no...no...this cannot be happening. And...if I feel this way, how does Megan feel? I know that they are devastated. This was such a miracle, this cannot be happening. I pushed it from my mind the rest of the day because I had to go to work and I knew if I kept thinking about it it would just upset me more. When I came home last night and told Chris I started crying a little. I could not help it, I just know she is grieving and there is nothing I can do and it makes me so sad. Today I got to talk to her finally for a little while, she seems to be doing a little bit better than yesterday. I just wanted to hug her and tell her that it will be Ok, but how do you tell someone that? This is such a huge loss to them. I guess I still have hope that she will go back and they will hear the heartbeats again. And I just thank God, because atleast now she knows that she can get pregnant. Please just pray for my sister, pray that God gives her peace and understanding throughout this whole situation. Her and Pat are such an amazing couple and would be such awesome parents, they totally deserve to be blessed with children. Please just pray for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies were awesome! Thank you for bringing us by some!
I am praying for your sisters! Keep me updated!

Patrick and Megan said...

This is the first time I have read this...I just found your blog yesterday! Thank you for doing this, for being so supportive, for having people pray. I have tears streaming down my face...

Anne said...

you know I love you :)