Sunday, October 21, 2007

mmm..pumpkin pie.

Chris brought home a pumpkin pie this week from Russ's. We've been eating it since like thursday or something. He kept telling me how good they are, well everyone who knows me well knows that I am like the "pumpkin queen". I've had my fair share of pumpkin pie so I was a little skeptical, it had a lot to live up to. But he was definately right, they are so good!
Speaking of pies, I made my first one ever yesterday. It was "Peach Crumble". I wanted to take something to my Skin Care Class for MK, so I was going through this little recipe book I bought a couple monthes back. It had all of these great fall/Christmas goodies in it and I love to bake this time of year so I had to have it. It actually turned out pretty good, I was kinda proud of myself. I will be making another one very soon because I bought waaaay too many peaches so if anyone is interested....it goes really great with French Vanilla ice cream too.
So yeah, yesterday I got up and went to the store, did some laundry, baked a pie....and right as it was almost finished, and I had the last load of laundry in the dryer...oh yeah and I was just about to get in the shower...our power went out. So frustrating! So I packed everything up and went to Muskegon sooner than planned and just got ready there. Thankfully I have amazing in-laws who let us treat their home like our own. I packed up the laundry and finished drying it there too. There is nothing worse than wet laundry sitting in the washer or dryer. I did that on accident once. It didn't smell so great the next day, haha.
The drive to Muskegon was amazing as usual. I actually believe that it is more beautiful this year than it was last year, the trees are so gorgeous. If it hadn't been raining on and off it would have been the perfect drive. The weather was sort of nasty the past couple days.
I ended up going out to eat with Chris's parents before my MK party, we went to a little place called Hearthstone. They have some really good French Onion soup. The first question Chris asked me when I got home last night is if I got the FO soup, I was like Of course!!! And then he asked me if it was better than Panera's. I actually didn't think so. Surprisingly.
My Mary Kay class went really well. We had four women from Chris's family show up, they were a hoot and everyone did a lot of laughing and talking...it was fun. And I made some money, which is always great too, haha. It was just nice to talk and hang out and get paid, I know that once I get busy doing this that it is going to be such a fun job!! I know working with Mary Kay is going to end up being a huge blessing in my life, it already has been already! God is good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do great at it! It is fun, easy money!!

Ang said...

so you inspired me.

for the first time ever in my life...I baked an Apple Pie yesterday. I even made the crust from scratch! :) I was so proud of myself.

And it worked...I think I'll do it again soon. Mabe pumkin next time. In fact, I'm going to go downstairs right now and eat a piece. I think Ryan already started without me :)

Anne said...

I am so proud of you Angela, haha! My next pies will definately be apple and pumpkin for sure. Now that I think of it...there was this amazing Pecan pie recipe that I saw on Martha Stewart last year, it was like award-winning and all this stuff, I was totally gonna make it for Christmas...then I went to the store and saw the price of pecans!! I am totally gonna make it this year, if you are interested let me know and I'll send you the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Anne so proud of your MK venture and your Pies. :) I know you will be amazing at MK it has been so fun for me. :) Talk to you soon. Cadie Rae