Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall is here.

I love fall so much, but I feel like we haven't really been able to enjoy it much this year. Things have been busy, perhaps that is why. But the leaves are starting to look beautiful as always. I always love the ride from Gr to Muskegon this time of year because the trees line the highway.
We finally broke down and turned our heat on, it was freezing in our house. Not that I am complaining because I am lovin this jean and sweater weather, I just hate it when I feel like I am "freezing". Hopefully by next week our new heater will be getting put in.
This past weekend we stayed at Chris's parents house. Saturday morning I had a Mary Kay training class. I have officially started! I am so excited. It's kinda overwhelming, I am still figuring some things out but I am looking forward to all of this, and hopefully I will be successful. I really do love their products. Friday night I am having a class for some of the women in Chris's family. It should be fun.
Saturday afternoon we hung out, I did Chris's dads hair and we watched Evan Almighty, it was actually pretty funny.
Sunday church was great as usual. Afterwards we went to the mall to walk around. Chris and I have sort of started making it our little thing to go and eat lunch at Panera after church. It's fairly cheap, and they have some of the best soup..I LOVE their French Onion and Broccoli cheese.
This past week has gone by quick. Work has been fairly busy. I have tomorrow off so I will be going to Muskegon for the little Mary Kay party. I have so much laundry to do tomorrow, and I have to bake some cookies or something! I want to clean the whole house too. I keep putting it off cause I know it is going to take a while, I just don't want to spend my whole day off cleaning and doing laundry. One thing I know for sure is I am sleeping in tomorrow!
Last night we went to Lansing to hang out with my friend Kevin and his gf Lisa. He just finished at MSU's Law School and is awaiting his BAR results. Next week he has an interview in DC and is most likely moving there shortly after. So I thought we'd better go and hang out with them really quick before he has to leave. We went to the Claddagh, I miss that place. Well more like I miss the food, haha. I am disappointed though because they got rid of some of my favorite dishes and added some not so Irish ones, it doesn't make any sense. It's like they care more about changing things for money purposes than keeping it authentic. I hate it when people sell out!
This morning I had to get up around 7:30 which is pretty early for me. When you get out of work after 11, it's hard to go to sleep right away which usually results in me staying up til like 1ish which leads to not getting up until atleast after 9, but anyways the point is that a while back I made this appt. at 9 am to force myself to get up early. I was really hating myself for that when my alarm went off, haha! I ended up going back to sleep after I got home, it was kinda stupid, but I think in part it was because it was so dreary outside and everything just kinda felt blah. But then the sun came out and I took Niles for a walk and it got all nice. Today was a weird day with the weather and all. I am happy that all of the bad weather missed us. When I was listening to the news at work they said that like 4,000 people in GR didn't have power, and I was like oh no!!! Thank goodness we still had it when I got back home.
ANYWAYS so when I went back to the ENT doc. today we found out what is wrong with me. For as long as I can remember when I breathe in through my nose it just always feels plugged, it's hard to explain. They couldn't really figure out what was wrong with me besides the fact that I have a slighty deviated septum and my nose walls collapse a little when I breathe in, but surgery for that would potentially make it worse. So then I got a cat scan on my sinuses but they were all perfect. They were concerned because my symptoms were worse than what they were seeing. But the cat scan also showed all views of my nose and passage ways. It turns out the partition in the middle of my nose juts out to the left blocking air from getting in ( I could tell that it was worse on the left) and both turbinates on each side jut out so they want to do surgery, trim down both turbinates and also reconstruct the partition and make it straight, allowing more air flow through my nostrils. The question of the day is do I really want to have this surgery??? I don't need it. I could just deal with this for the rest of my life, but it is so annoying! I am not sure what to do. I would end up having to take a week off of work. It's an out-patient surgery so I would go in in the morning and be out by the afternoon. There is a chance of a blood clot which only happens a couple times a year he said. I want it done, but it also means more money to pay and losing money by not working. I am not sure what to do!!! I just want to be able to breathe out of my nose normally.
Well anyways, I think that is all for now! I am going to go enjoy being in the company of my husband since we don't get to see eachother that much lately. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're gonna do great at MK. The getting up early thing enjoy now, b/c when you have kids they'll cure that for you. :)

Anne said...

Hey thanks Joe. I am excited about it, it's nice to get some support.