Sunday, December 16, 2007

Playing in the snow.

Over the past couple years, I have pondered a question quite often, always during the wintertime.

Why in the world do little kids like to play outside in the snow? It is so cold!!! So miserably cold. How are they having a good time at all?

And then today it came to me.
It was like I completely forgot or something.

They are so busy playing and running around like little crazy people that they don't even notice how cold it is because they are all bundled up and sweating their bum off.
That is what happened to me today anyways. One minutes I was scraping the good 6 inches of snow off of our car wondering how in the world I was going to get it out of the driveway to make it to work and thinking oh my gosh my fingers are going to fall off because of frostbite!!!.........and then the next minute I was playing with Niles in the backyard and realized....I'm not going to lose my fingers afterall! My hands are warm and they feel fine. In fact I was quite toasty as soon I got into the house.





My bum is still a little frozen but all is well.

No comments: