Monday, December 24, 2007

This week has been a blur!

I hate that I look forward to Christmas year round, seriously, I love it. And then it comes sneaking up on you so fast and it's always over so quickly...I hate it!

Well I finally finished all the Christmas shopping this past week, whew. It was a crazy one. I spent a lot of my two days off shopping, doing hair, and cleaning to prepare for this weekend. Not getting much sleep and wrapping presents. Oh yeah and baking. I made these little carmel, chocolate and pecan covered fudge balls...





I always look forward to my weekends off but I was looking forward to this one especially. Saturday my parents came into town. We had lunch at our house and then walked around downtown. Chris's parents came into town for dinner and we ate out at Kobe. Chris's dad Bob loves that place. It's like a steak and seafood restaurant where they cook the food on a grill in front of you. We had a lot of fun hanging out. I miss them!!!

We did a little tour of the Amway Grand




Sunday morning we went to Mars and the message was awesome as always. Ed Dobson spoke, the guy amazes me. He has Lou Gehrig's disease and I swear you would never know it. After church we came straight back here and started to prepare our meal for our Christmas dinner with Chris's family. They came here this year since we have our new house, it was also our first time cooking for them. Some of the highlights from our evening for me was when Chris's dad opened his T-shirt up that we got him...it says "I'm BOB, Deal with it!" It's hilarious, I guess you would have to see it. Also when his mom opened up her little Lighthouses that I got her for her collection. I don't think she was expecting those. I love to surprise people. Well it will definately be another memorable Christmas. Here are some pictures opening presents and also of Chris and I in front of our first Christmas tree in our new house together.



Today is Christmas Eve. I have to work tonight from 3-11 pm and then we have to drive straight home. I am hoping and praying that I will somehow be able to get out of work early. Chris gets out at 8:30, I am hoping to get out soon after that way we will make it home before midnight. I do not want to be tired Christmas Day, I swear that always happens. It's so hard to go to sleep when you get home though because everyone wants to visit. I cannot wait to see everyone! Especially Jess and Trish and Sam, I haven't seen them in forever!! Anyways, I better get off to bed!!

I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. I love you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our those the candies we were going to make at my house?

Anne said...

Yes!!! Don't they look cool??
I hope you guys have a great Christmas!!!