Monday, October 13, 2008

spinning, bowling..burning and such...

I am officially a member of the YMCA. It's really nice because it is only like 4 blocks from my work so it is really easy to just go there right afterward. It is so huge, it has 3 floors, and it is still fairly new, only a couple years old. It is very clean and has a lot of different things that you can do there. They have two huge pools, a lap pool and a pool with a water slide and lazy river. Tonight I did my first spin class ever. I was so nervous!! I hate feeling like I do not know what I am doing. It was just as hard as I thought that it would be. You feel like you are going to go flying off the bike, and your legs are burning so bad you just think that you cannot stand up and pedal any longer. Not to mention that my bottom is feeling a little sore from sitting on a bike seat for almost 45 minutes, haha.....When I first got off to stretch with the class I swear my legs almost gave out. After that I went and walked on an incline on a treadmill for a while to cool down. Their equipment all have TVs.....I didn't bring any headphones though, I forgot about that. I am really excited about this, it is definitely going to help me meet my goals of getting healthier and in shape for the coming year. =)
Something else that is new is that I am on a bowling league on Tuesday nights with some of my coworkers from my new job! I know I still need to update about that but it will have to be another day. Anyways, I love to bowl and I like my coworkers a lot so it works out well. I have bowled in two weeks though because I hurt my back and then last week it was Chris and I's anniversary so I skipped. I am looking forward to tomorrow night to get back into the swing of things except tonight I was boiling some water in the teapot and was dumping it out into the sink and the top of the pot fell off and the water and steam and top all fell onto my hand so I got a bit of a burn. I am still not sure how bad it is, I put some Vaseline on it right way which really seemed to have helped. Hopefully the bowling ball does not irritate it tomorrow. Well I need to get to bed, otherwise I will be tired tomorrow!!

No comments: