Saturday, July 14, 2007

Meet Niles.



Thursday night Chris and I bought a puppy!!! He is a boxer, he is six weeks old, and we named him Niles (it was Chris's idea) but I like it and I'm getting used to it. He is so dang cute, so lovable, playful, nosy, clumsy....he definately has that puppiness quality about him. =) I love watching him play, especially because I know before we know it he will be so big! He will get somewhere between 50-60 lbs, hopefully no larger.

When we went to go see the puppies on thursday night, we weren't exactly expecting to go home with one. We should have known better. There were five of them, all boys and all so adorable. I wanted two of them, haha, but thank God Chris wouldn't let us......it would have been so difficult! After we decided which one we wanted and bought him, we had to rush to Petsmart and buy everything because we were not prepared at all. When we were walking around in the store he piddled on me. And all over the floor. It was pretty funny actually, he didn't really get me that bad so I wasn't mad or anything, he's so cute it's hard to be mad at him. We went to our friend's Erica and Joe's house afterwards to show him to them. Their daughter Kyra was trying to play with him, it was so funny, he is just her size. He slept during most of the time in the car, he must have been exhausted from all of the playing.








Right away when we got home he was kind of whining, so we fed him right way, he is sooo hungry. Then when Chris was taking his crate out and putting it together, he was already being so nosy and playing with the box and everything. It's so interesting to watch him walking around on our wood floors too because he slides around a lot, it's funny. He was so tired he actually waltzed right into his crate, layed down and went to sleep, so we went to bed, but it didn't last long. He cried and whined a lot throughout the night and so we were awake a lot, he really kept us up for a long time. We were so tired friday morning. I guess this will sort of prepare us for having kids, haha.

We have been trying to house train him as best as possible but it is so much more difficult. Because he is so little, we literally have to watch him every single second, to make sure he isn't chewing on tv or computer cords, or getting into mischief like puppies do... =) We have somewhat figured out what he does when he needs to go, he starts to sniff the floor, or his butt kinda protrudes a little bit, so we just take him outside and usually he will go. Hopefully he gets the hint soon, I wonder how long it will take? This morning we were in the kitchen making breakfast and he actually went to the door and kinda whimpered, we were like oh my gosh!! So yeah, Chris took him out and he went.

His schedule is interesting, we usually eat, go outside, play a little, come in and play a little, and then he takes a long nap. He definately sleeps a lot. I am hoping that it is just because he is a puppy, and not because there is something wrong with him. We have so much to do....we still have to take him to the vet and get his shots and everything....teach him to potty outside, teach him to sit and all that good stuff. Oh yeah, he hates his collar too, he keeps scratching at it, it bothers me because I don't want him to hurt himself. Also when we go outside I have tried to use his leash a couple times, he isn't a big fan of that either. He is so stubborn, he just tugs back on it and won't move, and if he does it's on his own terms. I know he is still really little yet but I want him to be trained right that is all...



He has been sleeping by me on the couch for almost an hour now, it's so cute, he's all stretched out and buried beneath and behind the pillows, I love it.

No comments: