Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekends always go by so fast....


Especially when it's your weekend off!

Saturday I wanted to sleep in but ever since we've gotten Niles, it really isn't an option anymore. We lazed around for a little while and then ended up doing yardwork for like 3 hours. The grass is so fried, and it was all matted down, we had to rake everything and then mow it all again....it took forever. We seriously filled up almost 4 garbage bags full of yard waste, it was ridiculous.

In the evening our friends Jason and Thea came over with their little French Bulldog Audrey. She is so cute!
So Niles had his first little playdate. They were so hilarious, they definately entertained us for a couple of hours. They were both ripping around the house, it was so cute. Niles kept trying to nurse off of her...they were both just so funny together.




Later that night Chris and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie and our friend Mike came along with us. I actually thought it was pretty dang good. My only big thing with the movies is that they leave out sooo many important details, the books are just so much better. I actually was not a huge fan of the first 3 movies, I think maybe the director was trying to make the movies more attractive to children and I thought that they made the story look somewhat silly. The 4th movie and the newest one were so much better though. Probably because the characters are getting older, and the story is getting darker, much more for adults. Tonight when we went to Meijer I bought the newest book..!!! After I finish this post I will most likely start reading it, I'm so excited!

This morning we went to Mars Hill, which the message was good as always. One of our worship leaders is leaving which I am pretty sad about.

After church we went out for lunch to Kobe with Chris's family and afterwards they came over to see the house and visit with Niles, they all thought he was so cute!

After they left we all ended up crashing on the couch for a little while, it was like a family nap. =)

House church was tonight, I love getting to see everyone and hang out. I wish we could have stayed later but we wanted to go to Meijer and buy some baby gates to put up in the kitchen so that Niles won't have to be stuck in his crate the entire time when we are gone sometimes. When we got home it ended up taking Chris and I like 2 hours to put two of the up and then the other one won't even fit in the doorway b/c it is too small, I think we will just end up putting his crate in front of it.

Well anyways, that is about all for now, I'm anxious to start reading my book.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dog not in crate (this young). + you not at home= dog shit around the house, and chewed up things. You thought I was crazy when I told you about the bell, I imagine you think I'm crazy now, but trust me. :)

Anonymous said...

Awe as long as you keep him gated in the kitchen he shoud be ok. Well, we tried that one too and our dogs soon learned how to open all the cupboard doors and ate and chewed all my stuff!! Don't you love all are free advice!lol
Niles is so cute! I do miss that age. I am sad the worship guy is leaving also. He was really good! Have a great day!

Anne said...

Actually Joe---the people at the vets office told us the same thing about the bell, we are actually going to start doing it as soon as we find a bell, we found some little dinky ones at Meijer last night but they hardly made noise so we passed on them, I gotta find a good one. And as for the gates....yeah, he pooped twice and peed like 5 times on the floor throughout the night. He will still be going in his crate often trust me, this is NOT permanent. We will only be putting him in the kitchen if we feel like he has been in his crate like all day long or something but hopefully that will not be happening. I don't know, it's so hard!!!!!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, leave him the crate, even if it's all day. At least for now. In about 6 months he'll learn to hold his "stuff" and you'll be good to go. If by all day you mean more than 8 hours or so, well...then I got nothing for ya!

Anonymous said...

Our friends bought the big bells you see at Christmas time and wrapped them around the door. She learned to go hit them with her paw when she wanted to go outside. Of course, when she wanted to be outside playing she hit the bells too!!LOL Niles is cute I know that much!

Anonymous said...

You know what else. I knew people that used the horses bells. It comes on a long leather strap. You can hang that strap from the door.

Anne said...

I want the big bells!!! But, we can't wait til Christmas, haha.....where can I buy these bells???

Anonymous said...

Try the pet store! They might have them! How is little Niles?

Anonymous said...

You could always just google "horse bells"