Friday, July 20, 2007

What a World, What a Life, I'm in Love

Tonight was Chris and I's first actual evening at the house. By ourselves, eating dinner, being together, trying to relax. I loved it. Our schedules are pretty much completely opposite now, he works really early and then has class after work two nights a week. And since I work in the evening.....we pretty much see eachother for a second after I get home, which then he passes Niles off to me and heads off to bed. I just miss him a lot. But tonight was great, we cooked dinner, loaded the dishwasher and cleaned up, cleaned up the mess Niles has made in the yard over the past couple days, and took the garbage out to the road, who'd have thought it would have been so fun. I guess it's because it's our house. And we are doing it together.

This afternoon was also Nile's first vet appt. I took him to my work first, because I wanted to show him off to everyone and I knew some of the residents would just love him. People love puppies, they are just too cute. Puppies make people happy. And they need some of that in their life, but they loved him so much!!! Meeting all those new people and the car rides must have exhausted him. By the time we got in the exam room he was soo tuckered out, it was so cute, he fell asleep sitting up, it was so funny!!! Even the doctor couldn't believe it. We were wondering if maybe he was sick from sleeping so much etc. but as far as we know he has a clean bill of health, there wasn't even any parasites in his fecal test, yay! But he still got dewormed, and his first distemper shot. It made him even more tired, he has been sleeping all night long. He has gotten up a couple times to go outside to "go potty" but after that he just collapses again. I feel bad for the little guy. We know he has some pain too, when I picked him up earlier he let out a loud yelp and we discovered that they must have given him the shot around his armpit area because it really hurt him to hold him there. I'm sure that by tomorrow he will be up and running like his little puppy self again.

I have to work friday night, and then we have the weekend off. Not too much is on the agenda, maybe just some sleepin in, some yard work, some hanging out with friends, and def. some Mars...I haven't been in weeks, it's sad really.
Well I'm off to bed!

No comments: