Monday, February 9, 2009

And finally....Part Three.

The weekend right after my Birthday we were finally able to spend some time with Chris' family and celebrate. They came to GR to visit and we went out to eat at Kobe Steak and Seafood. It is a hibachi grill, we love that restaurant!

Bob and I on the ride there



Chris and I at the restaurant



Aunt Barb, Jeanne and Bob



After dinner we headed on over to Cold Stone Creamery. Mmmm I love ice cream. And we discovered that they have the most absolutely amazing ice cream cakes. I must say, these may need to become a tradition for me. I may demand it (yes they are that good!)
So picked up a little of this:


"A Cheesecake Named Desire"

and a little of that....!


"Chocolate Chipper"

And they were both incredible, and we had yummy leftovers for a good week.

AND I got an awesome present!!!
One thing that I really really wanted for my Birthday was a Heart Rate Monitor, and preferably one that also told how many calories you burned when you were done working out. Low and behold my in-laws got me this:



It is sweet! I have used it several times so far, and I really like it. You can set it so that it knows that you want to be within a certain range, and if you are either below or over the range it beeps at you. There is function when you are done to not only see the calories burned, but to see how far you went/worked out for, and how long. Not only that but it has some sort of special sensor that blocks out other heart rate monitors from interfering with yours, therefore no getting a mixed signal from someone else. I really love it!

Well folks, that is all for the Birthday posts. It was a really great week.

No comments: