Monday, January 22, 2007

Rest.

Sometimes we just need to slow down and take a deep breath. To sleep. To rest and relax.
I've been sick for three weeks now. What started out as a little nausea throughout the day has turned into a constant headache, extreme exhaustion and occasional dizziness. It started to scare me so I finally went to the doctor today. Last week I got some blood results back from two weekends ago when I gave blood at Mars. I didn't think it was a big deal until I started reading and discovered that I tested positive for West Nile Virus which is completely bizarre because it's January. So, I got some more blood work done today after going to the doctor's and will hopefully be finding out something by the end of the week. I am hoping that it is nothing serious, but I definately am not feeling like myself. I am so tired. I just want to feel better. And I hate seeing Chris be so concerned about me. Makes me feel sort of like a little kid.

Trying to keep my mind on other things.....
Church was great on Sunday as always. Rob Bell seriously has a way of captivating people's attentions. After church we went to Muskegon to Chris's parents and I went to Tim and Megan's baby shower, they are having a little girl, and she was due last week, so she should have her anytime. Then we came back to GR for the house church, which was also great. Tomorrow night we are doing a game night, here at our apartment this time. I hope I am feeling up to it, this always means I need to get some cleaning done tomorrow. Chris has the day off so atleast he will be here to help. He is such a wonderful husband; he has been trying to take care of me, even though there is little he can do, but he comforts me. And he is such a good provider. I don't know what I would do without him, I love him so much.

We have been looking at houses online the past couple days. It is so much fun, there are a couple that we really like. Hopefully the fact that it is a buyer's market will continue on into the summer until we are ready to start getting serious about this house business. There are two houses right over close to Mike and Julia's that we really love and are decently priced. And they are way cheaper than the condos that we looked at last week, which makes me so excited, and the payments would even be cheaper or about the same. Granted we would need to do work, but who cares, that is part of the fun, and it would be our house. Hopefully it is part of God's will to make this happen for us! I can't wait for this summer. I know it will be here before we know it.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey, thanks for posting a comment on my blog. I loved being up there for the conference. It was a lot of stuff to chew on, but I know that Mars and Rob are doing great things. Please keep in touch. I love networking with other believers. You never know when you might be able to help one another.