Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Year In Review continued.

After the wedding, things came and went so fast. Chris started his clinicals. I went to Arizona in May with Jeanne, Barb, Christie and Linda. Summer always flys by anyways. I am not sure if we even made it to the beach one time. Our apartment complex has a pretty nice pool though. I also got hired at Tanaz around that same time and started when I came back from the trip. Chris turned 26 in August, and also finished his clinicals. Megan and Pat got engaged. Talk about going wedding crazy for a while there. I love fall. We love fall.
On October 7, we had our "2nd wedding." The big one. It was such a beautiful day, almost 75 degrees and sunny, perfect wedding for pictures outside. Everyone looked so wonderful. I will never forget that day, we had so much fun. I will never forget how Chris looked, and standing with him, taking those vows. It all becomes such a blur. He was so nervous when we first got married at the courthouse. I was too of course, but he showed it more. That feeling walking out....like wow, I am a wife. I have a husband. You will never forget that feeling.
We went to New York and Boston for our honeymoon and took the Amtrak train. It was so fun. Even our crummy smelly smokey little room in New York was great. And I have never walked so far in my life....learning to use the subway was fun. I can't wait to take another vacation with Chris.
Trisha also found out she was pregnant. I remember when I heard her voicemail I was in my car all alone like screaming because I was so happy for them, I just wanted to cry. I totally had a feeling that it was going to be a boy...and sure enough...
She is due in March. I cannot wait...Christmas next year is going to be so much fun. I can't wait until we have kids. =)
Thanksgiving arrived. And then two days later was Meg and Pat's wedding. It was so beautiful. I'll never forget Pat singing her a song....and my zipper getting stuck, the great reception.
We love Christmas time. This year was different again. I was so excited, because it was mine and Chris's first year being married, our first married Christmas. Our tree was so cute, even though it was borrowed. Shopping was fun. It didn't snow on Christmas which was sort of sad, I couldn't remember the last time that it hadn't. Chris actually had the weekend off which was awesome, last year was terrible without him. He got my my TIVO! I was so excited, I love that thing. Except now I watch waaaaaaaaay too much TV for real. I had fun shopping for him. I bought him so much stuff, it was awesome. He loved his shoes and coat...and sweaters, and sambucca, I was so happy. His parents also got us a laptop. They are so great, I love them. I wish we lived closer so we could see them more. I love living in GR. I love Mars Hill. But I would love to little like right by the water. Chris was spoiled growing up there, so he doesn't understand. It's just so beautiful. And I love taking that walk through the State Park out to the beach. I always secretly hoped that he would propose there. I don't think that we even got a chance to go out there this past year. Sad...
New Years was great. We hung out at Mike and Julia's and then Chris came at 11 when he got out of work. We played darts which is definately one of my new found favorites and Scene It. I always thought that game wouldn't be fun but it is actually.
So now January is half way over already. Time seriously does fly by the older that you get.
Tonight after work we bowled with Thea and Jason; I really like hanging out with them, they are always so much fun.
Tomorrow the David Crowder band is going to be at Mars, and they are doing the worship service. I don't know any of their songs but I guess they are really cool. Then the House Church is coming over here to hang out for the first time. Chris is making Chinese and we spent like 3 hours preparing that and Crab ragoons tonight.
He is so crazy sometimes. Sometimes he is driving me insane, and then I just like love him so much I can't stand being away from him. He is so nurturing and sweet and sensitive, I love it. And stubborn. haha. He has to be right sometimes. But I know that I am like that too. I can't wait to crawl into bed and snuggle up next to him. And I can do that. Because we are married. =)
xox

No comments: