Monday, November 24, 2008

I love the Holidays

It was a pretty crazy busy weekend, but isn't it always? I think I have excepted the fact that I just do not get to sleep in anymore, whether I like it or not. I miss it, but it's nice to get up early and get a lot done in the day. It makes you feel so accomplished and ambitious, haha.

Friday night after work I finally got to go and see Twilight. I was disappointed. I am not sure exactly what I expected, but the point of the matter is that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie. They are long books. There is no way they can fit that many details into a good movie. It was a little cheesier than I expected. And there were lots of tweens and teens screaming a lot, it was funny. I still liked it though, just because it was Twilight. I can't lie, if they make a second movie, I will see it. How can I not? I am too much of a fan and too curious.
I went with my friend Julie from work and her sister Katherine. It was fun, I went over to their apartment and they had made enchiladas and sangria. It was nice, just some girl time. And then we went and saw the movie. They also have the cutest little pug dog named Stoli, he is so cute!!

Saturday morning Chris and I had a monument appointment in Muskegon which went well, and then we met up with his parents and went out to lunch at Red Lobster. I always want to get their Alfredo Pasta with the crab and lobster in it. Sooo good but sooo incredibly bad for you. Needless to say I was good and got the grilled salmon with rice and veggies. When we came back home in the afternoon we switched vehicles and went to Romence Gardens and got our Christmas tree. This year we decided to upgrade and get the Fraser Fir instead of the Douglas. It looks awesome!! And the needles won't fall off so much, it's also a lot stronger and holds the ornaments better.
Once we got home we decorated.... the tree, the house; all the while listening to Christmas music. Creme de Mint Hot Chocolate and Egg-Nog filled rum...Christmas cookie candles...mmmm.. What could be better? It makes me so nostalgic. I love that we decorate and are creating our own Christmas traditions. It will be so fun one day when we have kids. Of course movie favorites are always thrown in the mix as well. White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf....this year Chris wanted to watch Airplanes, Trains and Automobiles since it was almost Thanksgiving. He loves it, it is so ironic the things the characters go through. The 80's music is awesome too, it's pretty funny. We watched that, then between that night and Sunday after church I managed to whip up 6 pumpkin rolls. It's easier to just make them all that one time and freeze them. I would be needing them for various occasions in the up and coming week ahead. Sunday morning we went to church, did a little grocery shopping, came home and finished the pumpkin rolls. Chris decided to make green bean casserole for our dish to pass (along with a pumpkin roll) and we headed off to Lowell for our House Church Thanksgiving dinner.
It was pretty fun, everyone brought food and we all sat around and talked and laughed...just spent some time together. Afterward we played poker for a while and then the weekend came to end, just like always. It always goes by so quick!

This week at work has been good so far. I only have to work 3 days this week and I get a four day weekend. Chris is jealous. I feel bad for him having to work and everything. Tonight I have my bowling and tomorrow we are going to venture out into the craziness of the biggest bar night of the year. We will see how that goes I guess! Chris's friend Paul and his girlfriend Naomi are going to meet up with us which I'm looking forward to because they are really fun to hang out with and we just do not get to see them all that much. Thursday we are having our Thanksgiving meal with Chris's family before he has to work at 4, and then I'm heading down to South Bend to meet up with my family for the evening, and I believe we are going shopping on friday. That should be interesting, I have never ventured out to do that before!!

Well that is all for now...I should get to work!

No comments: