Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was fun this year. Every year I swear I feel more thankful than the last. We are so lucky and blessed. Chris and I both have good jobs, which I am especially thankful for since we live in Michigan and the economy is rough right now. We are so thankful for our family, friends, our House Church, and Mars Hill. We are so very lucky.
Like the past three years, Chris had to work. I hate that, but that is what happens when you work at a hospital. We thought for sure he would have it off since he's worked the past two but we are not complaining because that means he has Christmas off!! Anyways, he didn't have to work until 4 so we went over to his aunt and uncle's like we usually do. The food was amazing as always. Soooo good,I wish we had Thanksgiving like once a month. There is just something about green bean casserole and turkey and potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll of course.....yum. Anyways, so we hung out with his fam. for a while and when he left for work I left for Indiana. My family was going down to Mishawaka to stay with my brother Nate and his new wife Emileigh. They had eaten earlier in the day and by the time I got there around 6 we all snacked on leftovers. We also played a new card game called 81, it was a lot of fun!! That night we looked at the adds and sat around and talked, it was fun. I love getting to see my family and catch up, we always end up staying up late and talking, especially me and Megan. We planned to get up early the next morning and go shopping!!! We always talk about going but never do.
Friday we got up around 5:30. We went to Wal-Mart first. That place was a mad house!!! I got hit in the back end with a cart by some lady, and also when we left I almost got hit by a car. We ended up shopping for like 6 hours. I got some good deals. My favorite buy was our new camera. I wasn't planning on buying one but they had such good deals that day. I ended up getting a Canon PowerShot SD 790 IS....it is AMAZING. I will be posting some new pictures and video that I have taken with it. I promise that compared to my last couple posts you will most definately be able to tell the difference between the pictures.
We also went out to breakfast at this little diner. After we were done shopping everyone came back to the apartment and ate leftovers for lunch. Then we all packed up and headed back to our homes. Driving two hours isn't fun on like 4 hours of sleep. When I got home I unloaded everything and took a loooong nap, and it was great.
More to come on my great 4 day Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: