Sunday, November 30, 2008

My New Job

Well...it was new, three months ago anyways.

Back in the beginning of August our friend Joe called me one morning and told me about a job opening where he works. He knew how unhappy I was at Crystal Springs and that I was looking for something new. Anything would have been an improvement as long as I made at least the same amount of money. He told me that it was for the receptionist position, and that he thought that I would be good at it. Praise God...this may be the answer to our prayers!!! I was so excited.....I couldn't wait to call the Office Manager named John. I gave him a call and he wanted me to fax and email him my resume. When I got home from work that night I started working on it right away. I send it to him at 1 am in the morning. I wanted to hear back from him asap, I was so anxious!! I couldn't believe this opportunity had come along.

A couple weeks later John finally called me for an interview. My sister Megan and I were driving to the church the day of my brother's wedding, I was ecstatic! I was driving, and literally dancing in my seat. I remember Meg was so excited and happy with me! My interview would me on Monday morning. I couldn't wait to tell Chris about the call.

Monday morning finally came. I was so nervous. I wanted him to know that I could this job for them, which I had no doubt in my mind. I like being around people and I knew that I could be professional. He told me that he would call me by the end of the week either way, when he made his decision. It was all I could think about all week long.

Friday finally came. I kept thinking....why isn't he calling me?? I cannot take the suspense anymore!!! I remember that I cleaned like the entire house that morning. I don't think I could sit still. I was vacuuming in the bedroom right around 2 pm and thought hmm...if the phone rings I won't be able to hear it. I turned off the vacuum and went and picked up my cell. Sure enough, one missed call. Crap!! It was him!!! I dialed my voicemail so fast.....my heart was seriously racing. He left a message asking me to call him back and asking that if I could, please call before the day was over as he was going on vacation the next week, and that he looked forward to speaking with me. He looked forward to speaking with me?? What??? Did I get this job? Would he look forward to talking with me if he was telling me that I didn't get the position?!! I was freaking out. Oh my gosh I needed to calm down.

Then I called him back. He was very friendly. Then he asked me, "So do you still want to work with us?" He must have thought I was crazy,I practically screamed YES!!! into the phone. He was offering me the job. He also told me that I was his number one choice. Wow!!! Thank you Lord!!! Our prayers had been answered. That week I had seriously struggled with the fact that this was NOT in my control. I was constantly praying that God would bless me with this job and have mercy on me....I did not want to work at Crystal any longer. But what if that was not God's plan for me? What if He wanted me there, what if I was meant to be there, whether I liked it or not? I would have to accept that when the time came, but the thought was killing me. And finally I got my answer.

I remember when I hung up the phone I started bawling. I hadn't cried so hard in a while.....I called Chris so fast, and when he got on the phone I was like Chris!! I got the job!!! He was like oh my gosh are you serious.......it was such an awesome moment. Then I had to call his mom. By the time this was all over it was 2:30. OH my gosh I have to leave for work in ten minutes. I never showered so fast in my life. On the way to work I called Megan to tell her the good news as well.

So there's my story of how I got the job.

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual Financial Network for three monthes now. I started on Sept. 2, the day after Labor Day. It has been really great so far. I have a nice big desk. I answer the phones and transfer calls. I have to do a lot of policy reporting and put info into the computer. I validate parking, and get people coffee. Recently two of the girls I work with had babies so they are on maternity leave. I have been helping my friend Dave do some application input. It might not seem like much but seriously, my job rocks. I am comfortable there now, and I love it. I love my coworkers (well almost all of them...they are always a few....haha) and have made some really great friends.

Every day I wake up, and I am still so thankful.
I remember a couple weeks after I started I came home one night and Chris was like, "So how was your day??" and I was like really good!! And then he said...You know it is so nice, you come home at night and I can tell that you are happy. It's nice that you aren't worry about work...or wanting to cry, every night. It was cool to hear him say that.

And that was the awesome transition that took place in our life three months ago.
And like I said, I am still so happy and thankful.
Thank you God. And thank you Joe!!!