Saturday, November 29, 2008

Time to play catch-up!!

I promised this entry a long while ago, and now I am going to make good on that promise. This is a long awaited summer update. Do I regret waiting until now? Yes. But..this is the first time I could actually sit down and do this without feeling guilty about it, and that makes me feel good. So here goes....

My Review of Summer 2008

--One of the things that I had decided to do for myself this summer was play on a softball league. It ended up being a lot of fun, even though we only ended up winning two games. I blame it on the fact that we were the only team on a men's league that had 3 girls on it, me being one of them of course. The fact of the matter is that we were just not as good as all those guys. Here are some pictures from the season:





--I believe these pictures were from a BBQ on Father's Day weekend =) / family reunion. Alot of Chris's family was there and we had a lot of great food.

That is Chris's cousin Erica and her husband Joe, she was one of our bridesmaids in our wedding and one of my very good friends.

This was from a quick trip home to see my family. Love my sister!!
--On the weekend of the 4th of July my cousin (through my adopted fam.) got married and we were lucky enough to be invited to her beautiful wedding in Lansing. Not only was the day gorgeous but so was she!


Chris, me, Jesse, Trisha, Patrick and Megan

I took this great picture of Meg and Pat!!

The guys.

Us girls


--One of our huge highlights of the summer was our trip to Niagara Falls (we stayed on the Canadian side.) Chris and I went with his mom Jeanne and her sister Barb. We owe them a huge thank you, without them our trip would not have been possible. Thankfully they knew their way around and helped us out, but also let us go off on our own when we wanted to do stuff. It was a quick trip but a lot of fun!!

View of the Falls from up in the Skylon Tower


Cool pictures from the street


These were from the Tour Behind the Falls. Yeah...we got soaked!!! Awesome view though!!


That night we had an amazing dinner at a Steakhouse near our hotel....the view out our window at our table was the Falls all lit up at night. It was incredible!


These pictures are of the rapids in the Niagara River. Once again, amazing! You can't really tell from the pictures but they are so intense close up.


--Our good friends Adam and Amanda had baby #3 around the end of July. They are really great parents and have super cute kids. These are from when I went to visit Amanda in the hospital, they named her Olivia. She is such a beautiful baby!

--For one week Chris's sister Shauna, husband Todd and their 3 boys Brennan, Aiden and Ciaren came to stay with Chris's parents. They moved all the way from New Mexico to Maine, drove, and stayed for a while on the way. It was fun getting to hang out with them for a while, since I did not know them too well at the time.

Ciaren and Brennan
Me and my buddy Aiden


Duck tour in Saugatuck!

The Johnson Family


--The biggest event of the summer: Nate and Emileigh's wedding!!
Chris and I both had the honor and the pleasure of being in my brother Nate's wedding in August. Once again, another beautiful wedding on a beautiful day. I was so happy for them!


Nephew Sam at the rehearsal,he is getting so big!! And me walking down the aisle alone...Chris had school the night of the rehearsal and couldn't come until the morning of the wedding.


Emileigh and Nate at the rehearsal

Me and Meg at the Bachelorette Party

All of the bridal party girls


Meg and I before the wedding; I did both of our hair.


The beautiful bride and I.


Chris and I at the rehearsal, so cute!



--Here are a couple pictures from a little walk we took to Lake Michigan with Niles. I think he was sneezing in that 2nd one...haha!

Awww he's so cute!!



--Chris's 28th Birthday-August 16-I can't believe I have been with Chris through 4 birthdays so far. This year to celebrate his family came over and we went out to eat at the Chop House down town. Their food was amazing as usual.
Chris and I at dinner. It was fun getting all dressed up.


Aunt Barb and Mom Jeanne

Jeanne and I


Walking back to the car...being cute. =)



Later that night Chris wanted to see a movie so we decided to go to the cheap Celebration movie theatre at the Woodland Mall and see Iron Man.



--And finally....our last summer ShaBang. Labor Day weekend we went to Chicago with Chris's parents. I am really happy that we went, it was also right before I started my new job, it couldn't have been better timing, especially to do some shopping!

Pictures from Millenium Park

Jeanne and I at Buckingham Fountain, one of my favorite things to see in Chicago! I think it's so beautiful.

We tried a new restaurant our last night there that we hadn't been to before. It was the Weber Grill Restaurant. Their food was great. This was from the walk home.


Well that concludes our summer!! I am sure other little things happened here and there, I just probably forgot about them if I didn't have pictures of it. I love pictures. Thank goodness for them.
I don't plan on letting this much time go by again without posting. It's too hard and time consuming. I have been working on this post for about almost 4 hours now. Ridiculous.....more to come tomorrow!!

No comments: