Sunday, December 14, 2008

A not-so-restful weekend...

I always look forward to the weekend, because it means not being at work, but this week was different....thurs. night after work, I did someones hair. Friday night I did two peoples hair...on a friday night!! It was fun though because I got to hang out with my friend/coworker Karen and she is one of the coolest people I have ever met. Chris even came over to hang out with us when he got out of work, she is that cool. Not to mention she always lavishes us with food and beverage.

Saturday I had all these plans to get up early and work out and then go do some shopping and blah blah blah...I ended up thinking forget it. We stayed up too late anyways, and I wanted to sleep in with my husband, something we never get to do anymore....I know I say this alot but I am incredibly thankful for my job ...but seriously, every morning...I am so jealous when I am getting up and Chris gets to stay all nice and warm and curled up in our amazingly comfortable bed. So we slept in, and it was awesome...just waking up whenever, not be woken by an alarm. Loved it.
Well, I got up waaay too late, hurried up and got ready and left for Lansing. I miss it there sometimes. I went to the Eastwood Towne Centre and did some quick shopping, I love that mall. They had some new stores there that I might have to make a special trip there for sometime. After that I met up with my friend Kate and did three peoples hair. Work work work....it was worth it though. Kate is my old roommate that I lived with while I went to Douglas J and before I married Chris. I miss her and we always have fun catching up. Afterwards I went to church with her to Riverview's Saturday night service. I used to go there when I went to MSU and continued on until I moved to GR. The place has changed so much, I couldn't believe it. They expanded on to their building to accomodate their growing chuch, so I didn't even recognize the place. I was sad to leave.

The drive home sucked, it rained the whole way and I kept praying that I would have a safe drive and not slide off into the ditch. It's december...why the heck is it raining? Anyways, on the way home I picked us up some Sushi from OMI, it is one of our fav. sushi places. We have debated driving there just for the sushi before but never have. I met up with Chris after 10 pm and surprised him with the food and he finally got to take his lunch break.

This morning was the same thing...we slept in. Then I realized I had so much to do today. We got up and made some french toast for breakfast and then went grocery shopping. After we got home the laundry began....I washed everything today, and didn't get done folding until right before I wrote this. If it was in our house, and remotely dirty, I washed....clothes, towels, sheets, Niles dog beds, everything......I think I did atleast 5 loads. While that was happening I did another persons hair. That being numero seven in the past four days. When she left I cleaned the house, continued the laundry, finally took and shower and ate some food. Now here we are, it's after midnight and I gotta get up in like 6 hours. Seriously where does the time go???

Well I have an important meeting in the morning for work that I am nervous about. It's an all staff meeting and no one is sure what exactly it's about...so I need to get some sleep. Should be interesting.....g'night all.

1 comment:

ASHERWEST said...

Hi Anne!
Thanks so much for your good thoughts and prayers! We def need all we can get! I read your recent post...sounds like your a cosmetologist? I do hair on the side of my reg job as I went to cosmetology school a few years back. It's exhausting coming home from a reg job and then doing that on top of it and then trying to spend quality time with your dh! Thanks again and your blogging is going great keep it up!