Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
We went to Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., I started a new job as a receptionist and also joined the YMCA.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't even remember if I made any last year?? I guess I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions. If you want to change something about yourself or do something imparticular, why wait?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Natasha at work. A healthy baby boy named Roman, he is so cute.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully not. And hopefully not this year either.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just Canada when we went to Niagara. We didn't go over to the US side.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
That I "lacked"? I cannot really think of anything...I love my husband..my job...my life =)

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 8th when my brother Nate and wife Emileigh got married. 08/08/08 cool date...

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my new job at Northwestern Mutual

9. What was your biggest failure?
Chris and I not following a budget

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh my gosh no...this year has been really great, I don't think I've hardly been sick which is a first. I contribute it to trying to live a healthier life style and eater better.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the camera, our new Canon, it's pretty sweet, I love it!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband for sure. He has been really great with helping me out around the house more and he is busy with working and school so I give him a lot of credit even though I don't always tell him enough. Thank you honey, I love you.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I would say certain people that I worked with at my old job...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, insurance, food, bills ughhhhhhhh

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The trips that we went on, the Holidays as always, and the coming of 2009

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Decode by Paramore

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? definitely happier!!
b) thinner or fatter? a little thinner
c) richer or poorer? more wealthy (just a little though)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Pray, go to church, spend time with friends and family, work out

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
working!! which is impossible though....and spending money

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas day we were at my families in Vassar, but the saturday before we spent the weekend with my in-laws in Norton Shores.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love. I am lucky.

23. What concerts did you attend this year?
I do not think that we went to any this year...sad.. =(

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh I always have a few, but mostly Days, The Biggest Loser, The Bachelor/ette, The Office

25. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
I suppose there are always people that you meet that you might not necessarily get along with....

26. What was the best book you read?
Hmm I read some good ones...the Twilight series, also Marley and Me. Right now I'm reading The Shack. It is so sad so far...

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Joshua Radin, Paramore

28. What did you want and get?
a new job!!! a food processor, an external hard drive....gift cards...

29. What did you want and not get?
to win the lottery hahaha

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm I can't really think of a favorite off the top of my head. I love going to the movies though.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23. I remember crying a lot about some family drama, it was very silly actually. I think we went to Muskegon and went out to dinner with my in-laws. I can't even remember where we went....hmm...

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Paying off our debt...

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Haha...this is funny. Well it turned from wearing scrubs to office attire...so I would have to say that my concept was ...progressive? haha

34. What kept you sane?
my husband

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
hmm I guess I try not to fancy public figures..

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
probably stuff involving the election. It was interesting...

37. Who did you miss?
my family, they live too far away.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
some of my work friends

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
My life is not my in my control, it's in Gods.
I can try to be a control freak but that might not change a thing....

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I cannot think of one right now....oh well!

I tag:
My husband Chris, Erica, Angela, and Dave =)

No comments: