Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas with the Buchingers

Christmas morning started off very interesting. I was incredibly happy because it had not snowed that night, thank goodness because seriously we have had so much of it up to that point and I was sick and tired of getting stuck in our street every time I was coming to and from our house. We got up early, got the car running and everything in it and then I looked out to the street......they had plowed and there was a ton of snow at least one foot high and like two feet wide blocking the end of our driveway. Chris ran out there to shovel it out of the way quickly because the car was running and there was absolutely no way our little almost to ground Corolla was going to plow through it. That was when he discovered that it was literally rock hard. I have no idea how we got out of the driveway but eventually we did.....then we had to stop at the gas station because we needed gas and we were low on oil (weird?) and then we couldn't get the hood closed...finally we were on our way. We got to the fam's house, unloaded everything and then headed of to Gma Cummings for Christmas dinner and the annual white elephant exchange which was a good time as always. Every year we take our family picture there, and every year it seems to get bigger...can't wait to see how many people are in it next year *hint* there is an unexpected person in it that you will read about a little ways down...!!

Here is everyone:

Afterward we headed back to the house and all sat around and opened presents, one by one..it always takes a couple hours but is so much fun.

Here is a picture of my nephew Samuel, he is getting so big! He will be 2 in March. He is running around all over the place now and really has a personality.

Trisha opening one of her birthday presents....this quilt was made by my sister Meg and Mom, such a great gift, she was so happy!


Chris looooves his Starbucks coffee. Can't get enough of it.


Sam opening one of his presents from us...Trish was making him laugh so hard, it was cute.

Jesse, Megan and Pat...they got a lot of Lowes gift cards I think. Great for their new house!

We got them a mirror for Christmas to hang in the house, it was a really cool mirror! Sam seems intrigued by himself, haha.

And one of the best surprises of all....Nate and Emileigh are going to have a baby! They are due on August 8th, their anniversary! What a present, a baby! Congrats you two!

Sam looking cute as ever in his little Christmas pajamas.

Chris and I at the end of the evening. So happy and in love. I love him!

The Holidays always go by so fast. They always remind me though of how lucky and blessed I am for my family and friends. I am so thankful.

No comments: