Friday, January 16, 2009

Valued Time

Last night I hung out with my good friend Stephanie. We used to work together at Tanaz, and we both went to the Douglas J Aveda Institute but she did the night class so I did not know of her back then. After I left Tanaz we remained friends and we hang out from time to time and she also does my hair for me. I took her out to dinner last night for doing my hair for me last week. We went to the Macaroni Grill which is an Italian restaurant. I really like it there.
I've only been two times, once after Chris and I got married the first time ;) and then another time when his parents came into town for dinner, but I really enjoy it. I guess Steph frequents the place quite often... For an appetizer we had the Calamari Fritti
And for the main course we both had the Chicken Cannelloni. It was amazing....amazingly cheesy...and totally hit the spot.
And then for dessert...yes we were getting a little full but come on...two girls going out to eat..we had to get dessert. That is the best part of the meal anyways! We got the Amaretto Apple Crispetti. It was carmely, apply, creamy....the perfect way to end the meal.I know you are probably hungry now, I know I am...sorry!

After that we went to Burlington Coat Factory and walked around for a while and looked at stuff. It was fun just to hang out and talk about all the things that is going on in our lives. We had a really great evening despite the freezing cold weather we are getting here right now.

Lately I have just been thinking about how much I value the time I spend with people. The time I get to be with Chris, just him and I...those weekends that we just curl up inside and hang out...the time that I spend with my family since I don't see them often, even if it's a conversation on the phone for an hour and half, and the time I spend with my friends. I know as we get older and our lives change even more that we will become busier and busier, and probably not get to spend as much time with the people we care about.
I value these times.

4 comments:

DomestiKatie. said...

stephanie who? did i go to school with her?

Anne said...

Stephanie Zvonar. She is beautiful and amazing and I love her...one of the kindest people I know.

Patrick and Megan said...

I value those times as well :)

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

Hi Anne~
Thanks for being a faithful blog reader! You know what else is crazy?!?! Robb and I were JUST talking the other day about visiting MARS HILL sometime! We hear lots of great things about it and wanted to check it out! I'll have to let you know whenever we plan on visiting, i'd love to meet you and say 'hi'